Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, April 22, 2005

Surprise! I'm an idiot!

Holy crap, I just found out that today's Fri-dee!!!

Honestly, I've been thinking it was Thursday all day. And even last night, I was thinking, ooh would I love to go to $3 Wednes-dee at the zoo, but no, I have work tomorrow morning. Thurs-dee.

So my manager was leaving a few minutes ago. "Have a nice weekend," he called to us.

"Oh, are you off tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Umm, tomorrow's Saturday, but you can come in if you want to," he said to me. Ha ha, pretty funny I thought.

So I figured I should show some initiative on his day off. "ForemanCasey didn't get back to me on those plans, but I'll touch base with the guys tomorrow."

He looked at me quizzically. "You can do that, but they're going to be very mad at you. Tomorrow's Saturday."

OK. WTF. And now, I'm just plain confused. I guess he wasn't kidding before. I look on my phone, see the date and confirm with my desk calendar. Whoa. Where the shit did that extra day go?

WELL, DUH!This explains a lot, now that I think about it. Earlier, I called Trosama min Asi about going to the zoo tonight. Thurs-dee night zoo w/Trose is a rarity, but I figured I'd ask just as a courtesy.

"Zoo tonight?"
"Sure. I gotta be home early."
"Yeah. Me too. What time you thinking?"
"Like around 1."
"Whoa. OK I was thinking like 10 or 11."

Sounds stupid, huh? OK now pretend you're me but you've had one of the biggest brain-farts in your life and think it's Thurs-dee. You should be really excited, much like I am right now!

Anycrap, happy Fri-dee! What a nice surprise. Hopefully I won't have to come in this weekend. Crap.

In the interests of fairness, I've awarded myself my special Garfield bookmark. yay.

all my love,
Jihad Jimmy, Chief Defender of the Faith