Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

If you look very closely you'll see a PJ O'Rourke quote in this post! Try it!

While watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High1 last night, I finally transcribed the P.J. O'Rourke2 quotes I had wanted to put up here on the SHoP waaaaay back when...

"NO WAR FOR OIL", eh? Heh, yeah that's pretty cute... or did you forget you were trying to push that line of crap on us?

Wow. A lot has happened in Tio Jaime Nation since then. And yet, here I am at work, just having met the boss's boss's boss and the boss's boss's boss's boss, stealing a few minutes to share some Right Wing Funny.

I wrote out some 13 or so quotes? I'll roll them out over the next week or so. You'll thank me later.

Excerpt from P.J. O'Rourke's The CEO of the Sofa, pg. 47
Just kidding. Actually it's the hell with me-- since I'll be the old person when the Social Security chain letter runs out of suckers. "Put your name at the bottom of the list. Mail a check for $1,200 to everyone over sixty-five. Break this chain and you'll never be elected to national political office."

There is no money in the Social Security trust fund, and there never was. Money is a government IOU. Government can't create a trust fund by saving its own IOUs anymore than I could create a trust fund by writing I get a chunk of cash when I turn twenty-one on a piece of paper. Social Security is just such a piece of paper, except it says, I get a chunk of cash when I turn sixty-five, the government promises. Consult American Indians for a fuller discussion of government promises.

Jihad Jimmy, Minister of War Crimes and Chief Defender of the Faith

[hotchick origin="http://sixhertz.blogspot.com/2005/07/great-vengeance-and-furious-anger.html"]
Hot Chick3, circa 1982.
Tio J and SixH and LMHBrent were 4 at the time. So was MwHCock.
Was Shiraz even born yet?
[/hotchick]
1 Good movie, btw. You'd think that something like this wouldn't have escaped me for the past 23 years.

2 In hindsight, is anybody paying attention to the PJ O'Rourke anymore?

3 I'd like to apologize again for having jumped on to the Phoebe Cates bandwagon extremely late. Sadly, my only exposure to her prior to last night was Gremlins, Gremlins 2, and Drop Dead Fred. What a waste of a HAWT little biscuit. Who, at 42, is a shoe-in for a Jimmy-woman