Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, July 01, 2005

UPDATE: Jimmy Unemployment-Palooza 2K5

Left Schmunderrground Construckshun three weeks ago making X. Posted my resume on monster.com asking for X plus ten percent. Call that A. Tomorrow morning, will likely be offered A plus another ten to fifteen percent. Call that O ("oh" not "zero"). Am likely going to refuse the offer as it seems to be an extra-ordinary amount of Schmunderrground effort for a fraction of the Schmunderrground satisfaction.

Faced a similar situation a couple of years back in Seattle. (go M's, btw. saw them lose the series finale today against the A's to get swept. Also saw the G-men lose their series finale on sunday to get swept by the A's as well. A's over Giants 16 runs on 24 hits against zero fucking runs on one fucking hit. WTF.) Took a position "just to tide me over until i found something I really wanted" for ten to twenty percent more than what I was asking. Didn't enjoy it. it showed. Was laid off just in time to watch the Giants march to the world series for the first time since 1989 only to lose in seven to the Anahym Angels.

I honestly don't think it's a good match personality-wise and interest-wise. Everybody else seems to think otherwise, but I have a bad feeling about it. Perhaps I'll ask a few more questions about the position before I render the jimmy-veto. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, 3am Criticism of 24, season 2 on the Blogspot Province of Tio Jaime Nation...

Hope that July finds you well and above .500 going into the all-star break, dear SHoPpers...

Jihad Jimmy, Minister of War Crimes and Chief Defender of the Faith

[update date="20050701" time="1334"]
Offer is on the way, I've been given until tuesday to decide. Offer is now up to my asking salary plus 25%. It's not about the money, but feedback from the recruiter is making this a more and more attractive opportunity.
[/update]