Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Living to Die Another Day

Along the shortcut to go from campus back to my apartment in Oakland, there is always a car with the bumper sticker "HE'S NOT MY PRESIDENT!" And I'd been waiting for the right time to make an example out of it. Tonight was to be the night, and that sticker was to be the Third.

Unfortunately, it wasn't there tonight. Hence the post title. But I am a just and patient Tio Jaime. Be surprised, SHoPper, if this sticker makes it to the middle of the month.

As my primary target was missing, I sought to satiate my sticker liberation hankerin' elsewhere. But I found not a single sticker on the shortcut! And then none in my neighborhood! Could it be that I by myself have overhunted the land? This is very depressing.

I'd like to take the time to point out that the 30-40 stickers I liberated are in addition to the 20-30 stickers which were left in place, but decorated Guerilla Republican style with either magic marker, spray paint, or paintballs. That's anywhere from 50-70 for those of you in Rio Linda, CA.

What have you contributed to this the new Culture War? Money? Time? Hard time? Silver-tongued rhetoric? Your own offspring perhaps, to our brave armed forces? What about a bit of convenience or your own personal comfort or even some of your civil liberties?

We all do what we can to the best of our abilities. Victory will be ours and Vengeance will be Shiraz's.

Vengefully yours,
Jihad Jimmy, Minister of War Crimes and Chief Defender of the Faith