Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

and one more makes ten

If you're a friend of Tio Jaime, you're probably in the habit of checking this our beloved SHoP for mention of something you might've said, or chatted, or e-mailed, or even done. You might be checking for occurrences of your real name, or your significant other's name, or for naughty language you might not want a relative or employer to read. Maybe you said something inappropriate just to see if I'd put it up here. Maybe you like the anonymity that I provide you and this allows you to talk about things like trying to be a slut and offering the sex.

Rest assured, sometimes-SHoPper and valued bondholder in Tio Jaime Nation that I have your best interests in mind and would never knowingly torpedo you.

But nonetheless, it's still a good practice to see if your latest IRL1 encounter with Tio Jaime got you SHoPped.

Like my good buddy DJ John, for example...


click to enlarge in new window

Just before I hopped in the shower, I got the following text message from him...

No matter how good she looks right now, somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit.

And speaking of John, I've been promising this sound to him and many other people for the longest time...

Hello dere! Dis am de black dog!

If I've promised a Best of Don and Mike CD, rest assured, it's good to go. Oh yes. You can pick one up the next time you see me.

And so I was at the Cal-Arizona game last weekend (and um, Shiraz, who won now? I wasn't paying attention...), and I run into an old band friend Eddie2 in the Young Alumni section. He's in grad school at one of our sister schools, good kid. He too knows OCDs and Lord Volde-megan. Anycrap, he comes up to me, we exchange a manly hug, during which he proceeds to spill his rum and coke down my back.


click to enlarge in new window

So this Eddie guy is walking away, and he calls out to me...

Oh, and I read SixHertz...

Good shit. I don't know how he or any other bandsmen found out about it, but Eddie, happy to have you aboard3. If any other bandsmen out there were ever curious what it was like marching with the Wet Filipino but were temporally unable to do so, be advised that the SHoP does a pretty good job at simulating the wackiness. For full effect, read this blog from 4-6 Tuesdays through Thursdays. After we lose our bowl game...

Here's some more friends from Jihad Jimmy history... if you were fussy enough to make a stink about your picture before, you've been conveniently omitted. Stink on you.

Click to enlarge thumbnails in new windows
(from l-r)
Row 1: two current glocks and an alum with oski in the background, the crew from the Santa Clara job, Calpercussion: TNG
Row 2: Adios Mother Fucker, (U - Jimmy), Special K
Row 3: LMHBrent & Tio Jaime, the Bride-chelor, old school Calpercussion

Jihad Jimmy, Minister of War Crimes and Chief Defender of the Faith
1 In Real Life

2 Not to be confused with the other Eddie who sits literally right in front of us, and ess on me i didn't remember his name...

3 You might think that I'd be bothered that somebody this close to the Dark Lord might alert her to her new nickname. You obviously don't know your TJ well enough to know that he doesn't give a fuck if She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named knows about the SHoP...