Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Thursday, March 03, 2005

weekday afternoon cartoons!

I've mentioned before that my political evolution is as follows: closeted conservative, conservative, hardline conservative, hardcore party line Republican, ambivalent party line Republican, and now bona fide conservative Republican.

Here's a reminder of my hardcore party line Republican days...IMPEACH CLINTON
The cool thing about this cartoon? It's timeless, which pretty much means that this is Clinton's elusive legacy.

I've seen banners and cartoons from Day by Day all over the conservative blogosphere, but have never bothered to look at it until now. Why now? The two bids due tomorrow at 8am and 830am have been turned in, almost 18 hours early.

So it looks like I've found the new online time consumer. Luckily i've caught up on WSK's archives. This also means that the Snark at HoS will have to wait.

If you want another time waster comic strip, check out Nukees. I read three years of Nukees archives as i was procrastinating when i should've been studying for finals back in 2000.

My former advisor in the college of engineering at Berkeley, Professor Jasmina Vujic was a nukee. "Nukee," in case you haven't figured it out, means nuclear engineering... Nuc. E. cool berkeley shit, huh?

Anycrap, yes, finals in december 2000. Read an online comic. Good shit. Check it out. I may have to play three-year catch up again, as I haven't really been into nukees since I no longer have daily access to the Daily Cal. Nevermind that web access is easier than hard copies.

Oh this is fucking great. Looking around at the civil engineering site... these are the future big, swinging dicks of the construction world???


click to enlarge in new window

Good luck, kids. Alls I can say is that I'm fortunate to have stopped schooling and started working for an actual general contractor when I did. There comes a point where you drop your books and put on your vest and hard hat and slow your english down for your Mexicans.

If you're lucky, your company gives you a truck.

If you're stupid and like to frequent Downtown Dumbass (Population: Me) from time to time, you'll run this truck into a pole in the first few weeks in your new apartment in lovely Oakland, CA.

Anycrap... you get the idea. clinton sucked gimpy monkeys, read the cartoons mentioned here, the Snark has cute hair, five years later berkeley still pisses me off, and i miss my Mexicans.

I'm off to the field, will see you tonight...

Jihad Jimmy, EIT