Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Sunday, March 27, 2005

(G) The Brownest Skies You've Ever Seen in Los Angeles

In LA right now. We went to Santa Monica to see my sister for easter since her HS's spring break didn't coincide w/LMU's spring break. So for the first time in a long time, I'm slated to be in bed before midnight.

Got up early this morning and we're planning on attending a 630am mass before breakfast before checking out and before beginning the Easter Sunday trek back up to NorCal.

Saw Grace (Ret., UE - James) last night. Took Mike to see her in what is a frighteningly similar trend, except this time it was in SoCal. I've really missed her, as has the rest of San Francisco. She has missed the City as well. And also missed her James as well. At one point she called me Jimmy; I called her on this, she asked that I call her Pearl. Heh heh.

So really since my 26th birthday, I've seen her twice, been in LA four times. Batting .500 isn't that bad (oh, i've finally finished the George Will book). I saw her six months after my b-day last Labor Day, and then another six months later-- last night.

If you've worked with her, then I'm sure you remember all the Fernet you brought us. If you started up working after she left, I'm sure you've heard all about her and how your knife puts you in her company. Do you see how she's managed to take an entire post for herself one year and one month minus 1 day after she left the H-club?

Grace, we all miss you dearly and toast to you numerous times throughout the week. Hurry back and come to see us as most of us haven't seen you in what seems like forever.

And as an added bonus, there are people you've never met up to whose expectations you must now live. No pressure, gorgeous. =)

hope all is well and Happy Easter,
Jihad Jimmy, Chief Defender of the Faith