Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, September 16, 2005

Bye, Bye, Baby...

Well shit on toast. The Giants are at long last putting the final nails into the coffin that was this last season. With a magic number (Nm = 163 - W1 - L2) of 24 and all of 16 games left to play, I figured out the two scenarios where the G-men just barely make it to the playoffs, which will lead to joyous Tio Jaime posts in October.

And yeah, I know we're in third place behind the pesky Dodgers. But I'll go ahead and invoke SHoP MWCCDF Wing Attack Plan R and assume that Mexico declares war on us and annexes LA tonight. But not San Diego.

1) Giants win remaining games, Padres go .500 for the rest of the year. I believe the two words you're all looking for are "Yeah" and "Right". I dig the whole Padres at .500 thing, since that seems to be the make-it-or-break-it line for all of the NL West this year. But the Giants heating up? I wish. I have a better chance of meeting and seducing Masiela Lusha (see the comments at this link) at Walmart later today after work when I buy NCAA 06 Football for the Xb0x0r a/o a paintball marker set.

2) Padres lose remaining games, Giants go .500 for the rest of the year. I'll put my money on this horse right here, as this doesn't require my giants to go to the trouble of winning 8 extra games when they wouldn't have to. Also, It'll put us in the playoffs at 14 games below .500, which is probably gonna cause Commissioner Bud to tinker around w/the All-Star Game or something... maybe which ever League wins, they get an extra wild-card or something... I don't fuckin' know. I'm just an engineer.
Well, how does that sound? Any wonder why I'm so anxious to buy NCAA 06?

Go Bears, Beat the Illini,
Dr. Jimmy
Glockenspiel Emeritus, University of California Marching Band