Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Thursday, May 19, 2005

San Diego street sweeping can SUCK MY BALLS.

This is a call-out to all attorneys or any arm-chair lawyers who read the SHoP. I want to make my argument water-tight.

I have two parking violations totalling $40 each, SDMC 86.09(E), "Violation of Signs-Street Sweeping". The code states:
§86.09 Standing or Parking in Specified Places Prohibited
(e) In violation of any sign or curb marking limiting or regulating the parking or
standing of a vehicle.


Here's where the horse-shit comes in.

My car (not pictured here) was in the location of the Toyota SUV in the center of this photo:

The problem? The view of the sign in question is not visible from the parking spot. Nor is there a sign at the end of the street by the stop sign. Summary: THERE IS NO SIGN INDICATING STREET SWEEPING VISIBLE FROM THE PARKING SPOT! Would it not make more sense for designated diagonal parking spots to place the signs parallel to the street instead of perpendicular? Take a look at the second picture. The sign is placed to the right of the red Acura, but is not visible from the parking spot.

My second violation for the same charge is on another street altogether. My argument is nearly the same. And let me tell you, after the initial violation, I've been doubly careful not to park anywhere near these signs at all. But lo and behold, yours truly was screwed again...and surprised as hell to see that yellow envelope on my windshield...yet again.

So, tell me if you think this argument holds water.