Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, November 19, 2004

Responsibilities beyond my comprehension...

I realize that SixH will be able to better corroborate this post from Indepundit, and that I really shouldn't scoop him here in his own SHoP, but it's somewhat important this be analyzed from the sensible, civlian viewpoint.

As a civilian, the most dangerous thing I will do in this the war on terrorism is rip off bumper stickers from liberal volvos. Some of us civilians will enlist, some will wrest control of hijacked planes. Whether or not you agree with the commander-in-chief's politics (oh, MANDATE MOTHERFUCKERS MANDATE, btw) we are in a war, and we all have our roles to play.

(Unfortunately, some of these roles are those of dissidence, and as such my role is one of covert reactionism. Somebody's gonna motherfuckin' pay...)

As civilians, it is not our place to pick up weapons and secure our nation's borders and interests abroad. As such, it is definitely not our place to pass judgment on those who do. It's the easiest thing in the world to criticize your favorite coach or manager or President, for all that requires is minimal knowledge and some key buzzwords.

A lack of experience should preclude civilians from questioning the tactics and reasoning of the best trained soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen. Politicians included-- I would think as they are the ones making war, whereas the generals merely (heh, "merely") fight the war to produce the desired outcome.

I hope never to have to comprehend the need to shoot a human being, terrorist or no. Like I was saying, it's not my place. Suffice it to say that there are times when this is necessary, but I like most other Americans will avoid this if at all possible. That having been said, I and most other Americans have no basis on which to condemn a marine's actions in the tragedy that is war while we sit buffered by oceans and continents in the safe haven that is the Land of the Free.