Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Monday, November 22, 2004

Fuck the UN, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Goth/Hipster Bush-supporters with Piercings

Heard a blurb on KSFO this morning about booting the UN out of America. Here's the page and here's the petition.

One of the most notable facts which I miraculously absorbed this morning whilst driving down I-880 at a healthy clip of 75mph, but half-awake: The US contributes 22% of the UN budget despite only comprising 6% of the world's population. Shit, for that kind of contribution, I'd expect some degree of unilateralism thrown my way. And if not, just take your ball and go home. Fuck the other kids. They wanna use your ball? They better goddam let you pitch.

Yay, and here's a fine example of multilateral UN action. Did I mention yay?

So la la la, here's what comes to mind for me, a simpleton rednecky Berkeley-educated bona fide Conservative with a proclivity (both intentional and unintentional) for strippers (i'll tie that in too, don't worry):

1) It's nice to know that this is what we're paying a sizable chunk for. Yay, 22%!
2) It's a Good Thing that the media recognizes us as stupid people and is kind and generous enough to decide that this story about UN ATROCITIES isn't as important as a US marine doing his job in a situation that warrants the harsh Fist of Love that is a marine getting medieval on your terrorist ass. Yay, liberal media!

So I bet you're wondering how Strippers, Goth/Hipsters, our Commander-in-Chief, and a resent of the UN all fit into my little slice of Jimmy-Heaven... Suffice it to say that I'm still thinking about that Goth/Hipster GOP chick who was wearing a grey hipster hoodie but with a hipster patch safety-pinned on which read "UN-American". She voted for W, and my Stripper would have (thanks to the education she received by her marine recruit brother) had she registered in time. Stripper has goth leanings, but also is quite partial to pink. Yessir, pink and black. I'll post a picture soon...

Oh, and they both have really hot piercings. Goth/Hipster had that lip piercing, and Stripper has a lot of industrial piercings in her ears. Also her eyebrow... I like that one... **sigh**