Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

a repudiation of homosexuality from the land of the "homos in hollywood"

(reference to Jim Carville's retarded line about the "homos in hollywood")
(incidentally, brent lives in North Hollywood. go huskies)

I was reading a friend's blog because I should have been working, and i stumbled onto this post

most notably, brent cites the following:

"Only 4% of the voting public is Gay or Lesbian (or at least say they are)."

This should get you thinking. Four percent isn't a lot, that's 1 person in 25.

Liberals and the uninformed will tell you that ten percent of the population is gay. I first heard this statistic in my freshman year of high school, from one of the most liberal teachers (don't get pissed, he was one of my favorites, as he was my speech and debate coach) who told us on the first day that "ten percent of the population is gay" and as such "three people in this classroom are gay" (it was a freshman speech and debate class of about 30 people).

What the uninformed don't know and what liberals won't tell you is that the survey which declares the almighty figure of ten percent was taken in San Francisco. You've all heard the throwaway lines about The City, so let's just leave it at "Go Giants"

(FUCK YOU, ----S!)

The actual segment of the population that is homosexual is probably closer to half that, and maybe even less if you think about it. Since I'm such a nice motherfucker, I've gone ahead and thought about it for you.

I'm an engineer-in-training (CA#112257), so let me do the math. I live for these moments. It won't be hardcore math though, and i'll have to make a few semi-educated assumptions. But, heh, those assumptions will be conservative.

Figure that as a group, homosexuals are likely to be more politically active. That's their nature. If you can't agree with that, you can't continue at our level. Did we Thin The Herd a little bit? Good. Let's continue. Are they likely to have twice the turnout that normal Americans would have? Possible, but for safety's sake let's say that a homosexual is 1.5 times more likely to vote.

If you have 100 people, and 40 of them vote? 40% voter turnout.

So if you have 100 gay or lesbian people, we would think that 60 of them would vote. 60% turnout.

Sound good so far? OK, let's go a bit further

Take a population of 1000 people. And just so it won't seem like we're validating the 10% gay figure, let's say that out of those 1000, 100 spell it catsup, and the other 900 ketchup. Oh crap, almost forgot and catsup voters will have 60% turnout, ketchup only 40%.

(note: I haven't thought this through yet, i'm actually doing the math as i'm typing this. I have an inkling though...)

So the tallies will show that there were 60 catsup votes and 360 ketchup votes. Based on that, 14.29% of the voting public spells it "catsup". Remember though, that we determined that only 10% of the actual public goes "catsup". So when there's a segment of the population that will have a voter turnout higher than average, their representative slice of the voter pie will be larger.

So, la la la, even if my 1.5x likelihood of voting is too liberal you still get the basic gist of the trend.

What it all boils down to is that gays/lesbians may not even make up four percent of the population. Could be three. Could be two.

And that's 1 person in 50.

Dun't seem like that tho', huh? You wanna really be scared? Realize, then, that you're letting them hijack America. By what could be as little as one person in fifty.

berkeley engineering baby feel it,
Tio Jaime

ps- That was my S-M-R-T Smart for the week. Wasn't that fun? Deep down inside this bellicose, rednecky potty-mouth, I could actually pass for intelligentsia (not that I'd stoop to that). I bet you didn't think I could go that long without cussing and swearing. (cock. balls.) I'll be over here if you need me... I'm going back to being the bad cop.