Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Thursday, December 09, 2004

A useful California Democrat!!!

Sen. Dianne Feinstein had the following to say on the floor of the Senate yesterday (entire transcript here):

"Mr. President, I rise today to express my concerns about college football's Bowl Championship Series and the formula used to select teams to play in the major bowls at the end of the season.

Despite having one of their best seasons in years, the University of California at Berkeley Golden Bears were denied an opportunity to play the University of Michigan in the Rose Bowl on New Years Day, and will instead play Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl on December 30 in San Diego."


At first I thought this was urban legend, but then lo and behold, this is actual Congressional transcript!

Unfortunately, I have abandoned the Yale Blue of California as it reminds me too much of the strife that is the modern-day American liberal. Despite the ties to my alma mater's cross-bay rival Stanfurd, I will be adopting red as one of my favorite colors. (I will still remain partial towards the California Gold.)

As my affinity for my political beliefs outweighs my affinity for my alma mater (at least for the moment), I am led to the following conclusion: Leave it to a Stanfurd Democrud to waste taxpayer time by attempting to suck up to Golden Bears across the nation on the Senate floor. It's just football you dumbshit.

Senator Feinstein's following comment is erroneous and shows a lack of understanding of the Pac-10:

"If the top team from the Pac Ten cannot play in the Rose Bowl because it is playing for the national title, fans expect to see the next best school from the conference take its place.

And, make no mistake about it, Cal has earned a right to play in the Rose Bowl."


No, and definitely no. I do not want Cal's return to the Rose Bowl to be tarnished forever with the dreaded asterisk. Neither should you.

Go Bears