Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, February 17, 2006

You're on the air with KJIMMY

PREVIOUSLY ON THE SHoP...

I AM A BADASS BUDDING RADIOPHILE
Eastmost Peninsula is the Secret

THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE BETWEEN 10:00 PM AND 11:00 PM.

EVENTS OCCUR IN REAL TIME.
K-J-I, M-M-Y. Your Red State Outpost in the Blue State Frontier.

Won tickets this morning to see Kevin Nealon at Cobb's on the Sarah and No Name Show on KLLC. It was Super-Game Thursday today, and instead of choosing the easy win with the Game-Game, I asked for Sarah's never-popular Radio Terminology Game.

Correctly answered a multiple choice about the definition of "Liners" and was rewarded with tickets to Kevin Nealon under my name at Will Call.

The coolest part about it? I got to talk to Sarah herself! Man oh man, do I wanna nail her. A or B, Citizen SHoPpers... Sarah or Darian O'Toole?

<game name="A or B">
A or B?

And yes, it is hard to find a picture of Sarah w/o No Name. Do what I did. Don't imagine No Name being there. Trust me.
</game>

And oh, how Christmas morning gets even better... they played my submission for bumper music on John London's Inferno today! They're looking for suggestions for bumper music to be claimed in an exclusivity draft opposite Darian O'Toole. I sent them-- partly in jest-- an mp3 of the instrumental intro of Joe Jackson's "Steppin' Out". Pretty cool, man... I stretched a 12 second phrase into a couple of minutes.

Find the song. Listen to it. Realize that it has no place in modern FM talk radio bringing you back from a stop set. Cool thing though, Dennis Cruz still played it on the air. "Tio Jaime sent this in to us..."

I was pretty stoked. Chris Townsend said it wasn't exactly 2006. And he's absolutely right. John London said it was still a good song and he wanted it on a button.

Dude! This is my foot in the door! I've never been on anybody's cart machine before! That's assuming they still use cart machines!

Tio Jaime