Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

I AM A BADASS BUDDING RADIOPHILE

OK. All of you naysayers who mocked my budding radio-philia? I just won the Radio Rebus on John London's Inferno, motherfuckers!!!

It was the second Radio Rebus I'd heard since they were taken off the air at KNBR waaaay back when when I was still a construction engineer driving down to the job in Santa Clara. The first one they did this morning was "Wisconsin".

For the second Radio Rebus on Free FM 106.9 KIFR, I successfully decoded "Sacramento" and won a bottle of this...

BoBo's Scrotum Polish at the Folsom Street Fair

Click to enlarge in new window

Thank you, John London, for making me the happiest engineer on the island!

Their producer got my name and address off the air, and asked which flavor of polish I wanted. "Oh shoot. I hadn't thought that far ahead. Is there an original flavor?" She chuckled. There really was and they'll be sending it to me soon at Fort Tio Jaime in the Red State Outpost in the Blue America frontier.

And then I looked up "scrotum polish" on blingo. And then I found the pic above. And then I found the BoBo's URL. And then I realized the SHoP gold I had in my hands.

And here we are. Welcome, Citizen SHoPper!

How appropriate that it was The Sac which won me scrotum polish... I wonder if they planned it that way?

I came close to winning Don and Mike's Phonescan once. Won tickets to Great America from KEZR while on the santa clara job...

Now that I've been sufficiently transformed from a field engineer to an office engineer, you'd think that this would wreak havoc on my budding radio-philia. Alas no, as Don and Mike have been streaming for a while now and I can also catch Darian O'Toole and John London from the safety of my desk.

And in the event that I'm out in the field for inspections or site visits or trips to Dublin Hooters, KHTK and KIFR each have the honorary right button on my AM and FM presets, respectively.

Please take note Citizen SHoPpers, check out 106.9! If you like the SHoP, you'll love O'Toole and especially London...

Tio Jaime