Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

People's Choice Awards

(Author's note: the link above goes to a British news service site (may need to subscribe) regarding a story on the People's Choice awards. The title, I thought, was appropriate...until I realized it referred to the movie Shrek 2, and not the Ogre and the Ass, Michael Moore)

Those of you who know me personally probably already know that I despise hollywood and a majority of its celebrities. I think award events such as The Emmy's, The Oscar's, etc. are all shams. Celebrities giving celebrities awards...super. Like I really care. I'd rather go to the dentist or have my blood drawn than sit through a celebrity award show...I'm not joking here, I really rather would.

Now, the People's Choice awards are supposed to be something different, I imagine. The people voting for their favorite movie.

The people.

Did you get a ballot for this vote? I certainly didn't!

Doesn't seem very democratic to me. Doesn't seem like a scientific vote to me, either. Seems more like horse crap. At least you don't see Republicans screaming for a recount of Moore's win or making sure the bubble was filled in by the name [reference to San Diego Mayoral race].