Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, January 14, 2005

The bluest skies you ever seen, in Benicia!

Back in Benicia now. The Santa Clara job is still going on, but we don't need an engineer there full time nowadays. So I'm back in the main office, sitting in my old PM's office. I was unceremoniously evicted from mine while I was out on the job.

Real quick...

1) On KSFO this morning, short blurb about London crime rates versus NYC crime rates. And realize, whenever people compare crime in Great Britain to crime in the United States, it's the anti-gun crowd trying to point out that la-la, the british are civilized and don't need guns so why do we? Did I mention La-La?

Well shucks. With exception of murder, crime in London categorically trumps crime in NY (by up to 400%, for certain crimes) on a per capita basis. London is said to have public service annoucement campaigns that reference people's rights to defend themselves. Wow. What a good fucking idea.

2) PM this morning told me that on KNBR this morning, was a report of a career fair at Palo Alto Middle School, where kids were told that strippers can make up to $250,000 annually. Ooh, fresh meat!

3) Shit, I forgot what the last one was. More to follow later today... hopefully. My plate's kinda full.