Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Friday, October 29, 2004

Excellent Media Watchdog Group

I wanted to share this with you if you didn't know:

Media Research Center

Take a look at it, and you'll see why people like me have been screaming about liberal bias this entire campaign season. Inevitably, I'll get a comment which says something like, "Well, what about Fox News?" To which I'll reply, "Well, what about NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and The New York Times (among many others)?"

The point is, that yes...I do believe Fox News has a certain amount of conservative bias. The most obvious example being the "Fox and Friends" show every weekday morning. They're ridiculously and unabashedly pro-Bush, though they try to spin themselves as being in the middle. I attribute the behavior to mainly an attempt to balance the liberal bias of the other networks, which I see just as plainly as I do the bias in Fox News. I'm sure it's something the commentators on the show feel is an uphill battle.

This should concern you. It should concern you that more opinion is being purveyed in the news rather than facts. And before you vote on November 2nd, make sure the reason why isn't based upon the opinion of someone else.