Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Put your money where your mouths are, you Holier-than-Thou Fucktards

If you're a frequent SHoPper, you'll know that another thing I hold dear is my loyalty to Apple Computer, in Cupertino down the road from my native San Jose.

Which may surprise you, as I'm Republican... or which may not surprise you, given my other SF Bay Area tendencies. More on that later, perhaps. But Suffice it to Say that as a Republican, I break a lot of twenty-something northern california molds and vice versa.

Briefly, my Mac history: Senior year in high school, my family got a Performa 6200CD, 75MHz 603 PPC. Freshman year at Cal, a Power Mac 5400 all-in-one 120MHz 603e (the e stood for extra bad-assed). When my little sister went to France for a semester overseas, I inherited her Bondi Blue iMac 233 G3 PPC. She came back, got her iMac back, and eventually I graduated, moved to Seattle and got a G4 Titanium PB 667 MHz. The 5400 was named Durandal, and the Titanium PB is named Emily. External hard drive partitioned into volumes named Erin and Sheila. If you can tell me where these names came from, I'll buy you a SHoP sticker.

Anycrap, I saw the iPod craze hit my Mac friends hard, and then it slowly leaked to the PC Windoze lemmings around me. Everybody had one-- except this Mac stalwart. I finally ordered an iPod Shuffle mere hours after they were announced at Macworld 2004.

Meanwhile, the iPod is the new Sony Walkman of Generation Y. And that's fine. Everybody has 'em. They're hip.

And if you'll allow me the stretch: a person who is likely to say that she "can't live without her iPod" is even more likely to say that Walmart is evil. La la la, you've heard it all before, and don't need your favorite SHoP Overlord to rehash it for you.

Anyway, the Little Brains out there who abhor the capitalism and materialism that corporate america breeds are the same ones who are more than happy to listen to shitty indie music on their iPods just so they can remind themselves that they're better than you. Because they listen to shitty music. And that's fine, no love lost for Tio Jaime.

But you can bet that I'm watching this story closely, if only for another chance to laugh in the face of my contemporaries...

excerpt from Apple begins investigation of iPod factory
A recent report put the monthly salary of factory workers at £27 (US$50). Workers at a different company that produces the iPod shuffle were paid £54 per month. These workers also paid for their own room and board, which amounted to around half of their salary.

While the report said that the manufacturing relationship between Apple and Hon Hai is typical in the electronics industry, Apple said it is committed to the welfare of workers that manufacture its products.

Well that's good to know. If these allegations turn out to be true, I wonder just how many Leftists out there will give up their iPods in protest of Apple's negligence. Ideally, they should just take them to the nearest Apple Store and have a big mass burning in protest.

And no, I won't give up my iPod because quite frankly, my conscience isn't bothered enough about this to affect my wallet. Too bad.

And no, this doesn't parallel the chickenhawk argument. Sorry to take 1) the wind out of your sails, and 2) a giant shit on your ignorance parade. Clean yourself off and read on. Try to ignore the incessant Leftist whining which no doubt is a constant feed of Blue State Nonsense warping your perception of the world around you.

As a consumer, it is your duty to make your purchases having taken into account functionality, dependability, and numerous other factors. If you have the luxury (and note that you Leftists are in fact afforded a benefit which many other Americans are not), then "Social Justice" will be one of your factors. And that's fine. Again, I don't judge you. You should definitely vote and spend your money with your conscience. Until the government takes them away from you, you should definitely use what you've earned.

On the other hand, there is no disconnect between supporting a war and not driving myself down to a recruiting depot right this very minute. As a citizen, it is not your duty to pick up a weapon and fight in a war. If you become a soldier, then yes it becomes your duty. If you can't understand this, hit ALT-F4 to be transported to a special, dumbed-down version of the SHoP which you'll find more to your liking.

It's really very simple. God help you if you can't tell the difference between buying an iPod and defending your country, if so called upon by the government. I can't wait for you Little Brains to bring your weak-sauce sniping. I almost feel sorry for you, setting you up like this...

Jihad Jimmy, Minister of War Crimes and Chief Defender of the Faith

PS- Lazy-Assed Blog/Internet Admin SixH, fucking do your job already! I've ruined a month's worth of posts because you can't be bothered to maintain your own goddam blog.

<whorecity population="SixHertz">
You fucker. I've been posting up my blingo referral URL since your goddam birthday LAST YEAR and now you have a banner up to steal the good Citizen SHoPpers away? Fuck that! That shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

BlingoBlingoBlingo

Citizen SHoPpers, I trust you to do what is right.
</whorecity>