Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Well, That's the Navy for you...

I've just been informed today that I'm being sent to D.C. on temporary duty as part of the Navy team which will be evaluating the next generation ship of the US Navy's surface fleet, the Littoral Combat Ship. So, I'm going to be working with Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics helping to evaluate the design, engineer some mission modules and a training curriculum for the new ship. Looks like I get to go to the Pentagon.

Sounds interesting, but I'm a little upset that I've been given less than a week's notice to know that I'll be gone for a maximum of 6 months. There's a rumor, which I hope to verify tomorrow, that the time I'll be gone will actually be no more than 2 months (perhaps less). I really hope it's true. I've already been displaced from home (either ship deployments to the middle east or other operations) so much in the past few years, it would be nice to feel settled. Oh well, I guess that's the Navy for you. At least it's better than Baghdad, where they have been sending some US Navy people for temporary duty.

Anyhow, until I figure out what's going on, I may not be posting for about a week or two. Who knows, maybe I'll have good news tomorrow.

Oh, yeah. That likely means I can't go to Vicetivus IV. CRAP!