Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Plane Crazy

As I type this, I'm flying nonstop on Southwest flight 593 from San Diego, CA to Baltimore, MD (BWI). I'm noticing a few more things about the particular quirks of a low-fare airline. The first gripe? Magazines. Okay, so you have the regular Sky Mall and Southwest Airlines "Spirit" magazines. That's all well and good. But, then you have the magazines that you should have in the rear-most luggage bins. Now, I expect to find Newsweek, Time, Car and Driver, or National Geographic at the very least. Instead, and I kid you not, I find a whole bunch of copies of Ebony and Golf Digest, and a single copy of "Shape en EspaƱol". So, I guess where in every industry, you expect to find some modicum of growth and possibly some advances over tens of years of service, this is what you get.