Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Shameless Plug for an Underrated TV Show

Stargate SG-1 is perhaps the best show on television right now. There are never any plot holes, it's intelligent with unpredictable story lines, and it has the quality of being self-deprecating when the obligatory techno-babble appears rears its ugly head (it's not that bad, I swear). Probably the only thing that would keep someone from taking a look at it would be that 'sci-fi' stigma associated with these types of programs...that, and you may need to begin watching the series from the beginning to fully grasp some references.

There's another thing unique about Stargate which isn't in common with a lot of other sci-fi programs: It's set in the present. Richard Dean Anderson (aka MacGyver) plays a main character, and he's also a producer. I'm not easily impressed by TV shows, but this one wins my vote as the best. I'm a slave to the Sci-Fi channel's 5-episode Monday marathons. I still haven't seen a lot of the earlier episodes. So, what I'm saying is if you've not seen Stargate SG-1, why not?