Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Let he who is without sin...

From the John Kerry website today:

“Thirty years ago, official Navy reports documented my service in Vietnam and awarded me the Silver Star, the Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. Thirty years ago, this was the plain truth. It still is. And I still carry the shrapnel in my leg from a wound in Vietnam ... Of course, the President keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on.'
“I'm not going to let anyone question my commitment to defending America - then, now, or ever. And I'm not going to let anyone attack the sacrifice and courage of the men who saw battle with me. And let me make this commitment today: their lies about my record will not stop me from fighting for jobs, health care, and our security - the issues that really matter to the American people.” – John Kerry, August 19, 2004

Now, for the rant:

I'm tired of this Vietnam crap. Yeah, he served in Vietnam...for about 4 months. Then he quits his unit early, then goes on a campaign to denounce the US soldiers in Vietnam and gain publicity for himself; starting his public service life. Now, if you think about it, how can someone who bitched and moaned about having been in the Vietnam war, rally in anti-war protests with the likes of Jane Fonda, throw away his medals, ribbons, or whatever, look back on it so fondly and recall his glorious service? John McCain lets his service speak for itself. Wesley Clark lets his service speak for itself. John Kerry makes sure his service get shoved down the throats of Americans who have already heard it from him about a thousand times.

If George Bush wears his religion on his sleeve, then so does John Kerry with his military service. Though I'm willing to bet George Bush isn't going to salute the Lord Jesus Christ when he steps up to the RNC podium saying he's reporting for duty.

I especially think this Kerry comment deserves some analysis:

"Of course, the President keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on.' "

Right. What about the many Democrat-funded attack groups out there putting millions and millions more into misleading and hateful attack ads? What about John Kerry never denouncing Michael Moore? His movie didn't just criticize the president, it bashed the soldiers bravely serving in Iraq. I guess Kerry's not too far removed from Moore.

Once again, I have to respect the brass cajones of President Bush; despite all the slings and arrows hurled against him, he maintains his poise. He's never cried out in frustration like Kerry did today.