Monday, July 02, 2007

ROCK THE VOTE!!! or, VOTE OR DIE!!!

I did my part. I voted. About 10 times. Don't worry, it wasn't for anything important...

Excerpt from Final push puts Bonds in starting lineup
Receiving an impressive late surge of votes in online balloting, Bonds climbed aboard the starting squad for the National League All-Star team by finishing third in the voting among outfielders. Bonds will join the New York Mets' Carlos Beltran and Cincinnati's Ken Griffey Jr. in the NL outfield. This marks Bonds' 14th All-Star selection.

"I'm at a loss for words," Bonds repeated, appearing genuinely moved by his rally at the ballot box. "I'm surprised. I thought I played good enough to make the team, but I didn't think I'd start. This is great. I just can't say thanks enough to the fans here in San Francisco."

I've never been a huge Barry Bonds fan. I clap two, maybe three times whenever he comes up to bat. I'll consider going to five if there are runners in scoring position. Lately, I've been supporting Barry because it seems to piss off people who aren't Giants fans.

I think the Blue State Frontier is rubbing off on me a bit too much. But it seems to make up for it with sub-$100 R/T airfare to Las Vegas, much like the one being sold on Southwest Airlines' Ding right now...