Subscribe

Comment Feed (RSS)

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Travelin' Man

Why on earth is John Kerry breaking tradition by campaigning this week during the Republican convention? I have two theories: 1.) He was nervous about his lack of "bounce" following his own convention, and the current pre-convention bounce for GWB has killed his momentum. 2.) The Swift Boat Vets John Kerry gets held up on stage by pissed off Vietnam Vetsdestroyed what he built his campaign on--his Vietnam Service. What is left? The broken shell of a façade that he's shamelessly trying to rebuild. He has no substance or personality underneath it all. This is a man in deep trouble.

I've flipped the TV over to CNN's Crossfire...can anyone understand James Carville? Has he been drinking all afternoon? He's slurring his speech all over the place. He looks pretty scary too.

I'm headed back to San Diego this weekend for the Labor Day holiday. I'll be able to check up on my place and make sure it's still there before I have to fly out again. I'm especially looking forward to seeing my little SUV acquiring another disease or ailment upon which I'll have to shell out another $1,000 to fix. In all my experiences dealing with mechanical devices from cars to multi-billion dollar Navy warships, if you don't use it, it breaks.