Monday, January 08, 2007

Just two random things to take away from the SHoP today...

First, I find it funny how the contractor who is being paid by the State of California on the order of hundreds of millions of dollars to build a bridge on an interstate is the same contractor who can't set up something as simple as a voice mail/phone system in their jobsite trailer. Bad enough that my intended extension works only about half the time. Worse that the directory doesn't work worth shit. Worst that they don't have a receptionist for a 100-person trailer to answer phones or receive visitors.

Second, and you'll find that this is miles away from what I was just complaining about, I tried something this last weekend that LMHBrent suggested once, a long time ago back in Seattle-land.

1) Cut a hole in a box
1) Weigh yourself
2) Take a massive dump
3) Weigh yourself again
4) Do the Math

I was about to commence the pooping at the Marquette Hotel in downtown Minneapolis this past weekend, when lo and behold, there's a scale in the bathroom!

Imagine my surprise (and yours too, because I know deep down in your sick minds you were wondering just how much poop a husky-sized Filipino SHoP Overlord can make) when my W-sub-2 was higher than my W-sub-1. Somehow, I gained a pound pooping.

Happy Monday. I'm off to Fry's.

Jihad Jimmy, Minister of War Crimes and Chief Defender of the Faith